Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We are finally home!!

Yep, you read right, after only three weeks of living with my parents and hearing, "we're only waiting on a couple more things, should be tomorrow." we have finally bought our first home. It wasn't as scary as I thought, but it truly was a pain in the behind!

On a much more serious note, Matthew had a horrible accident last Friday and almost lost the tip of his left index finger. He smashed it between a brick and the floor of Mom and Dad's patio. I hope to never again see anything like what I saw when I looked up to see why he was screaming. It was truly the most horrible thing ever. It is slowly healing itself back to the way it was, it looks really good except for no fingernail. He is such a strong, brave little man. Last night after I changed his bandage, he goes, "thank you mommy" and gave me a huge hug. I love him so much and I think it kills me so much when he hurts himself because he can also irritate me quicker than anyone. The day of his accident he was being such a little stink that when it happened I just knew it was payback, but I know it wasn't, it just hurts me that I can be so irritated with him one second and then feel so horrible the next. Anyway...it's healing and that is all I can ask for.

No comments: