Thursday, March 29, 2007

I've been wanting to be a part of Tasty Thursday but I never remembered on Thursday and I couldn't think of a good recipe other than tacos and pretty much everyone can make tacos!

But...today's Thursday and I have a recipe! I got it from Allrecipes.com and I've made it twice so far and have done it differently both times and it still comes out good. It's such a simple and easy way to make rice that I wonder why I haven't heard of it before! Here's the original and then I'll tell you how I played with it...

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa


DIRECTIONS
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.

SUBMITTED BY: Angie (I definitely want to give credit where credit is due!)

Each time I've made it, I've added ground beef that I'm making for tacos that has the seasoning already in it and I've learned that it's better to add it at the end so it doesn't cook the seasoning off. I've also used this with beef broth and it was just as good. I've also used white and brown rice too. It is an easy dish to make and it is so stinkin' good!

I hope y'all enjoy it!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow - that does sound good! I'll have to try that!

Jodi said...

Sounds yummy and real easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That does sound good. Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

If you like looking for new recipes you HAVE to check out www.recipezaar.com It's the best recipe site!!!

PS..I"m just dropping in from The Mom Blogs! Trying to get to know new people!