Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm going back to work.

Well, I told the mom of the little girl I babsit yesterday that I can't watch her anymore. As soon as she has a new sitter, I'm going back to work. My mom is gonna come here and watch my boys and I don't think you can get better childcare than that! I'm hoping I can get a little office job or data entry or something simple that I can pass the time and only have to work Monday through Friday with no weekends or nights. I'm hoping that there are some friendly women there also that I can become friends with. I'm actually looking forward to getting back out into the adult world but I can't think too much about leaving my boys all day because it makes me so sad. We have so much fun together but if they can't have me (or Chad), I'd rather them be with Nana. I know they are old enough that it's not like I'm leaving a newborn but I have really enjoyed being home with them for the last three years. But you do what you gotta do and I always try to do it with a smile! :)

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I'm right there with ya, I'll be thinking about you. But you are blessed to have your mom there, because you know she will do whatever they need with love!

And yes, I know you will be sad, but you will enjoy it. Right now working has been the best thing ever for me!!! It's fun geting to know people and have people outside of the home to talk to.

Lisa said...

I can relate too. I have had only part-time jobs since having kids. I usually work a waitressing job, but sometimes I feel kinda stupid for only waitressing -- like, why can't I get a real job? I babysit too, mostly for the kids of friends. I know I would miss my kids if I left to work, so I'm going to try & stick it out. (But I can definitely understand why you'd want to get a job.) One of the hardest things is that I try to work while my husband can be home with the kids, so that obviously takes away from the time we have together. I don't think that's been so great for our relationship.

Hope everything works out for you!!